By Dawn Anastasi, RPA Board Member
The Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee (HACM) has a new housing portal, RentCafe through Yardi.
You can register at the portal and you will be able to set up direct deposit, monitor inspections, etc.
- Go to the portal https://myportal.hacm.org/
- Click on the link called "Landlord Login"
- Scroll down to bottom, and underneath the brown "log in" button click on the green "Click here to Register"
- Type in your registration code from HACM. If you don't know your registration code, contact Steve Fendt, the Landlord Outreach Coordinator for HACM.
- Fill out the form on the next page. (Note that you must be able to match the tax ID that HACM has on file for you or your company -- SSN or EIN.)
- You will need to choose a secure password -- the password must be 10 characters, at least one upper and lower case letter, a number and special character.
After you click the "Register" button you will be in the portal.
- Click "My Profile" and ensure that your contact information is correct.
- The "Unit Info" selection will show you all your rental units with HACM. You will be able to see the unit address, number of bedrooms, start date, rent amount, and the split between HACM and the tenant.
- The "Unit Inspections" link will show you any inspections performed on your rental units and the status of those inspections.
- The "Caseworker Info" button will show you who the caseworker for each of your current and recent past rental units, including the caseworker phone number and email address. It's preferred by HACM that you use email as your primary contact method.
- The "My Ledger" button allows you to see payments made toward your rental units.